Sunday, March 11, 2012

ROCK & ROLL MUSIC




BY REGINA SWARN



This story is not meant to be long. It is just a few reflections on rock & roll music and what it means to me.


I'm a performer and songwriter. I've written over 350 songs and poems to date that was published and copyrighted under ASCAP. When I write a song I go about it in a very unusual way. I put on an old Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin (you get where I'm coming from?) song. It doesn't matter if I'm writing a folk song, gospel song, or classical song. I always need to hear an old rock & roll tune to get me in the spirit of it all. I've always had a special attraction to rock music. 






                         


 There's just something special about it that touches my inner most feelings. I LOVE TO ROCK & ROLL**

 

Some of my all time favorite bands and singers in rock & roll were around decades before I was ever born, but I play their music today just as if it was released last week. To name just a few (Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, The Beatles (Paul, John, George & Ringo),  The Rolling Stones, Bad Company, Foghat, Deep Purple,  and The Doors). I'm still entranced by Jim Morrison. I love reading about this great artist. He was so special and talented.


Some of my favorite rock bands and artists in the later years are Def Leppard, RedRum, AC/DC, Heart, Skill In Veins, VooDoo Highway, AveKey, Bon Jovi, Wild Rose, Lil Angel, Tasos Farinis, Van Halen, Wild Kitten, Lou Gramm, IsIs Child,  Pat Benatar, DeadLine, Aerosmith, Cinderella, The Unsatisfied, and many more. Checkout The band WILD KITTEN BELOW................


 I'm lovin the band Wild Kitten more & more!!




 The point that I'm trying to convey here is that I Love Rock & Roll (Joan Jett said it best in her hit song from many years ago). To this day I have a huge collection of all styles of music from the 1940's to the present. I'm constantly listening to music and I still love pulling out a Jimi Hendrix tune to get me all fired up. I just would like to say again that I do love all music and I perform and write all styles of music. There is just something about rock & roll that sticks to me like glue and this didn't just happen. I've felt this way for as long as I can remember as a little girl at the age of three (I was rockin to the beat of rock music).....I LOVE ROCK & ROLL BECAUSE IT'S IN MY VEINS!

I'm sitting here playing Elvis Presley tunes, tapping my feet to All Shook Up & Don't Be Cruel. I love Elvis' music.




 I love watching old Presley classic rock & roll movies, and when I watch those films I find myself singing along with him when he performs a song. I remember a few months ago on the road I wanted to play Led Zeppelin music all week long. I remember how hard it was for me to fall asleep because I was trying to sing along with every song on the CD (hahaha).



 Kashmir by Led Zeppelin is still one of my favorites and a song in my music collection.

 The craziest thing happened a few weeks ago. I was in a total 70's rock music mood and I wanted to play all rock music classics from the 1970's. Something took complete control of me when I started playing the Foghat song (Slow Ride).



 I started blasting this song as loud as it would go at full volume and no one with me was spared. Let's just say when it was all said and done I had everyone in the place singing along with me 'Slow Ride Take It Easy'.

I LOVE ROCK & ROLL


One of my special gifts for Christmas was a beautiful guitar,  Rico had this guitar made just for me (now i really must learn to play this thing) I love it!!!

 
Yeah that's about all I really wanted to say and just reflect on the music that I love, crave, desire, and go completely wild for.....ROCK & ROLL IS FOREVER AND IN MY HEART.....ROCK & ROLL LIVES.....I LOVE ROCK & ROLL!




THE ROCK & ROLL MUSIC PAGE


TO VISIT THIS PAGE JUST FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW*
 

http://reginaswarnentertainment.com/fr_rocknrollmusic.cfm


This is one of the most visited pages at my official website (The Rock & Roll Music Page), and I understand why. I have someone to monitor my website traffic on a daily basis, and this page is always in the top 5. Sometimes it's at #1. I added a Rock & Roll page to my official website because I've always been very passionate about rock music.